Tuesday, October 20, 2009

do the right thing.

So as per usual I got out of work last night and I stopped out for some drinks. I had a super shitty day at work on about 4 hours of sleep so I needed a drink. Since the bar was pretty empty, I was sitting there getting consistently more hammered with my blackberry in hand going through all my online friends lists and decided to do a little house cleaning.

There were a handful of people that I saw who at one time or another I considered a true friend, but now have turned into people who consistently never return calls or texts or just generally show no interest in being my friend in real life. And yeah I do take that personal. I am always there for my friends through thick and thin and I expect the same in return. I already got a "shocked" message today from someone who was in disbelief that I would erase them off almighty facebook. Well guess what? Don't take me for granted. I would give you the shirt off my back or my last dollar so don't treat me like some piece of shit.

Maybe it was silly to do that, and I was pretty drunk, but honestly what is the point of some bullshit online "friendship" with people who make it very obvious that your real life friendship isn't important. I don't give a shit about your photos or if you "like" my status or any other stupid social networking bullshit. It means nothing. You call yourself my friend? Then answer the fucking phone. Return my texts or calls. Meet me for a drink. Hit me up and see how I'm doing. Because that's what real friends do.

I know these people read this blog so if you have any interest in being my friend then get in touch and make it right. I can't afford to have people in my life who simply don't give a shit. I really fucking can't man.

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter