Wednesday, March 25, 2009

dust.

sorry honey
the train has stopped
and i'm fed up
your bullshit is stacked up to my throat
and it's choking the life out of me
this isn't my station
but i'm getting off here
walk the rest of the way barefoot
it'd be more pleasurable than another second with you
back on the trail
fighting the wolves who put me here
they forced my way with menacing teeth
hiding behind warm smiles and soft flirtation
deceptions of perception in twilight hours
i sit and devise plans
as you nestle in your comfort
daydream schemes
while you cower in unconscious screams
leave you in my dust
choke on the fumes
focus on my tiny silhouette getting smaller in the distance
suck wind and run hopelessly at the finish
you were passed a thousand times
trade diamonds for gravel
burn rubber on a road that never ends
run your soul into the ground
we hold a funeral for a friend
you will be cherished in memories
spoken about fondly in small circles
missed dearly while you still walk the earth

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter