Monday, March 9, 2009

underground.

Friday was quite an interesting and eventually shitty day. I woke up from a drunken thursday night and stumbled across my room to take a piss. Apparently, I must have kicked off my sneakers in a daze before I went to sleep. So I step on this god damn sneaker in the middle of my floor in the dark when i get up, and I roll my ankle terribly within about 10 seconds of being awake. I screamed loud enough to wake the fucking dead. And mind you, this is about 6 hours before I'm supposed to be at dingbatz for the division east/death traitors show that I was throwing there that night. Awesome.

So I pace my apartment for a while and just try to walk it off. It seemed like it was working. But no, within a few hours this fucking thing is ballooned to ace bandage status. Fuckin great. So I limp my sorry ass to the show and luckily ran into someone who hooked me up with a handful of vicodens. 3 bucks a piece. I was siked. I hooked my homegirl up with one and took the rest. Then I drank heavily and the pain was cut to the barest of minimums. I attempted to dance around a little bit for some of the bands, but I could feel it was doing damage and I had to stop.

Either way, the bands were sick. Kids were throwing down and a lot of booze was being drank. Troublemaker and black kites were brutal. Caught in a trap ruled as always. Fleshtemple had people real siked. The painful urination set was ridiculous, complete with blow-up dolls and lots of fake blood. Finally, the cough set with my brother, rocco, jp, joey ott (in his short shorts) on guitar and jannson on drums started at like 1:40. It was absolutely sick and if you left for that you were a fool.

Regardless, thanks to everyone that did come out. Unfortunately, there were a lot of other shows going on in the area that really split the crowds, so the turnout wasn't quite what we expected. But we still did pretty decent and by no means did we have a bad turn out. Hopefully the next show we do, we can collaborate with people that throw shows in the area so we're not all putting on shows in different places on the same night. But all in all, it was definitely a fun show.

Anyway, I wake up saturday and my ankle is seriously jacked. I mean like three times the size of my other one. It looked like a fucking grapefruit. So I ice that bitch, wrap it and lay down for a few hours. Later in the day, I scored a perk. That ruled. We also got a gallon of carlo rossi wine for 13 bucks, which is my new favorite. That also ruled. With my ankle being fucked, I attempted to invite a bunch of people over saturday night to hang out at my place. Me and dan cooked mad food and we had a fucking gallon of wine. But apparently, everyone was too cool for school. Its all gravy though. I was pretty incoherent from the perks and wine anyway. Conversation with me wouldn't have been too interesting.

Either way, I got my homegirl carson to take some flicks at the show, and I took a few myself. This first group of photos are hers, and you can check out her stuff on her flickr page.

































here's some of the photos that i managed to take:



























And for those of you who didn't go, you definitely missed out on some immensely talented bands. Next time I put on a show, make it a point to be there and support the underground. You won't be disappointed.

Cheers and thanks again to all the bands that played and to all the people that came out.

1 comment:

Tatt2chick said...

Damn! I missed the dude in the monster suit?! Keep me posted on the next show. Hope your ankle is doing better!

 

Free Blog Counter