Wednesday, January 21, 2009

neglect.

i've totally been neglecting my blog, and i feel like i need to keep it fed like a chia pet or sea monkeys. anyway, i've been just concentrating on handling my business lately. really grinding like for real and trying to pick up extra freelance work to pay for my lawyer, legal fees, fines and the like.

grinding status:

freelance projects on the horizon.. two websites, a corporate logo for a commercial painting company and a shitload of flyers that i'm working on.

i also have a few projects for division east coming up.. a few t-shirts in the works, a deck (which might be packaged with a matching shirt), a dvd layout for the upcoming DE video (due out this spring), graphics for the re-vamped website/online store/blog, and a booklet layout for GDPs new record.

yeah so i guess that whole silver lining phrase that people always say can sometimes be true. i'm in some shit right now, some total bullshit i might add, but shit nonetheless. but, i have a good lawyer and things will work out in the end as far as the legal aspect. financially, it's gonna be tough for a few months, but i'll be all good hopefully by summertime.

thanks to all this, i got a different perspective on friends and loyalty with all the people who have reached out during this. its a time i'm not gonna forget. i mean when i go out now, i'm barely spending anything at the bar. people are buying me drinks and shit. i'm usually the person buying everyone drinks, and i feel weird when people buy me drinks, but its really cool and very appreciated. now i know how chicks feel. it kinda rules. i mean one of my boys even hit me up and said he wanted to throw a benefit show to help me with my legal expenses. although greatly appreciated, i had to decline. i got myself into my own shit and i'll get myself out.

i also just really got on my grind to make extra loot and now i have almost more shit than i can handle. people are hitting me up for design work from out of the woodwork because i have a big mouth, but i'm not gonna complain. i wasn't trying to beg anyone for money, but i will definitely work for it. that just sits a lot better in my soul.

anyway, so yeah that's whats been going on. thanks again to everyone that helped me out through this and to everyone who's bought be shots, beers and anything else. i will pay you back tenfold when my shit is back on track.

peace, love and all that good shit.

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter